Guidance with respect to the provisions of the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
EWS (Manufacturing) Ltd regards the health, safety and welfare of the Company, employees and those who may be affected by the Company’s activities as being of prime importance and undertakes to comply fully with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other Acts that contain relevant statutory provisions, also any regulations and approved code of practice which have been made under the Act.
Accordingly, EWS (Manufacturing) Ltd undertakes to:-
- Commit to the prevention of injury, ill health and continual improvement in OH&S management and performance.
- Establish, maintain, audit and review an Occupational Health & Safety Management system that complies with the relevant legal requirements.
- Allocate sufficient resources to enable these aims to be met.
- Develop within the Company a Health and Safety culture which ensures continued improvements.
- Consult with Employees.
- State that each individual Director, Manager and Supervisor is required to take care of the Occupational health and safety of employees and any other person who may be affected by their activities; they will be accountable for any injuries, damage or accidental loss within their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their individual OH&S obligations.
- State that the Company requires employees of all levels to exercise a duty of care for the health and safety of themselves and of any other persons who may be affected by what they do or fail to do at work.
- Require that employees co-operate in establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment to enable the Company to carry out the duties or requirements imposed.
- Bring this Policy to the attention of all employees.
- Review this Policy, amend if necessary and ensure all revisions are brought to the attention of all employees.